One click import of OpenStreetMap with textured buildings, forests, satellite imagery, terrain for Blender
In addition to the features of the base version, the premium one provides:
- Import of buildings from OpenStreetMap with default materials, tileable building textures and UV-mapping applied
- Default materials and textures to mimic lit windows for a late evening setting
- Import of forests and single trees as 3D objects
- An option to apply geometry nodes to OSM footprints to get realistic 3D buildings (more information)
- Options to use custom tileable building textures, for example from textures.com (a tutorial)
- Satellite imagery and web maps projected on a terrain
Subsequent releases will include more details and variability for imported buildings and other features depending on user feedback.
Important notice: the addon does not provide real textures for each imported building!
Important notice: export of textures is available as an experimental feature.
At the moment only one low-polygon model of a tree is provided with the addon. It's possible to use custom tree models for imported forests and single trees.